Sunday, October 27, 2013

No zoo in FatLand

I keep wondering if there should be a zoo in FatLand. Something in me is constitutionally opposed to zoos. But I remember how I loved going to the Bronx Zoo when I was younger (when it was still the Bronx Zoo and not generally known as the New York Zoological Society). I don't know if there is enough space in FatLand in general to allow for the acreage that would permit most species to roam free without feeling crowded. But I truly don't like the idea of cages.

On thinking it through, there will be no zoo in FatLand 3. See how useful this blog can be ? :)


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyeQaS4aaxk

2 comments:

  1. Susan Huddis KoppelmanOctober 27, 2013 at 3:19 PM

    How about a wildlife preserve where the wild animals native to the area in which Fatland is located will be allowed to thrive? Roads to drive through, rangers to oversee and care for and provide talks to visitors. Natural botanical beauty will thrive, native wildlife will thrive, no pollution. . . . I think it's important for children to have a place during their growing up years where they can connect with the natural world so they can grow up with an understanding of its majesty and a commitment to its preservation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that FatLand would have to make most of itself into a wildlife preserve, then. It is not a very big territory, and it has 400,000 residents, so it is quite densely populated. Luckily there are a lot of flora, and there are strict rules regarding tree and plant and flower preservation. There are also strict rules regarding care of pets.

    ReplyDelete